Breakfast Cookies.
Filling. Nutritious. Easy to make. Delicious.
They make a good snack, a good breakfast, or a good dessert.
But even with all that, I still haven't figured out how to take flattering pictures of food. Good thing these taste better than they look. But I guess you'll have to make them to find out for yourself.
Here's the recipe if you happen to be interested. I make a batch and then keep them in the freezer for us to pull out as we need. James takes some in his lunch most days and the boys and I eat them for a snack...they thaw out quickly because they are a soft cookie.
Porridge Oats Breakfast Cookies
1 cup ROGERS No Additive Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp allspice
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp grated orange rind
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups ROGERS Porridge Oats
3/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup cranberries
Combine flour, baking soda, salt, allspice, cinnamon and ginger; stir well and set aside.
Place eggs, oil, applesauce and sugar in a large bowl and beat together well. Add orange rind, vanilla, porridge oats, almonds and sunflower seeds and stir until well combined. Add flour mixture and stir well. Add dried cranberries and stir until well distributed.
Using about 1/4 cup of cookie dough (I use slightly less) for each cookie, place on prepared cookie sheet (I use parchment paper) and press down with a fork to form a cookie approx. 3.5" in diameter. Bake at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on the cookie sheet before removing.
1 comment:
mmm! I think I may have to try these! I love how healthy all the ingredients are! Looks like a guilt free kind of cookie. And who doesn't love that? Thanks for sharing! :)
Post a Comment