Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Keeping busy...

Life was a bit of a roller coaster ride for me while we were in the midst of renovating our bathroom. I'm sure that living at someone else's house, my inability to help with much due to a belly limiting my movement or the state of disarray my house was in did little to alleviate the feeling. Regardless, by the time we were able to get away to my parents' place for a few days last month, I was more than ready to have a bit of "sanity" time. And in my world that translates into either baking or sewing. I haven't been able to get my sewing machine out for what feels like months due to on-going renovation projects or just the general dustiness of our house (due to renovations) so I was itching to do some sewing again. And so I did! I whipped up these 2 bags while at my parent's place - I'm hoping they will work as some sort of diaper bag/baby bag (girlfriends keep telling me that I'm going to need a bigger bag if I have a baby).
My sewing itch has been satisfied for the time being and I have moved on to baking in an attempt to fill up my freezer full of goodies before this little one shows up.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like you're nesting Joelle! :) Love the bags. I think you could probably get away with using them as diaper bags. I have a bigger bag but I always find I have way more stuff than I need in it. The necessities are: diaper, mini garbage bags for dirty diapers, wipes, sleeper (in case of leakage), a toy or two, a burp cloth, my wallet, and a nursing cover. But of course I've got waaaay more than that in there. Oh lets see....a first aid kit, Tide-to-go, diaper cream, spoons, lip stuff, change pad, a snack for me... the list goes on! :)

SRL said...

I've seen the size of your purse... this bag will be plenty big enough ;-)

Anonymous said...

The bag should be big enough for the first while, but then the baby will get too big.