Monday, March 16, 2009

5 days left. Apparently.

According to the poll, most of you figured our baby will be born on Sunday. You are all very sweet. Except for my husband who voted for March 28. And who then tells me how anxious he is to have the whole delivery thing done with so he can meet his baby. Men.

Not that I have my hopes pinned on this coming weekend, but wow, it sure would be nice to meet this little thing that keeps kicking me in the ribs and making it difficult for me to sleep at night. At the doctor's office this morning, the nurse informed that I had only 5 days left. And I thought to myself... "Who is she kidding?!". I have until this baby is ready or until a doctor decides that the baby is ready. Either way, there is no guarantee that there are only 5 days left. Due dates. Harumph. A date that is an estimated day of arrival even though the whole of society believes it to be THE day.

On that note, I'm off to bed to try to ignore the Braxton Hicks that continually plague my uterus in hopes that I'll be able to get a decent sleep.

3 comments:

Laura said...

ahhh......those last days. It's so hard waiting. Keep yourself busy if you can.....do some baking or cooking for the freezer or start a good book. Or if you CAN sleep during the day.....do it! :) We're so excited to hear the news!

Laura

Anonymous said...

I'm praying that your baby enters the world soon because we are all anxious about finding out what sex and the name. I pray you have an easy delivery and that the baby's head isn't the size his/her daddy's was! I'm sure the little blessing will be beautiful (your genes). Hope I can see you guys soon! Angela

Kyle and Kassy said...

well, five days left five days ago and still no update ... is baby here yet?
hope to hear soon! i also hope you are all doing well :o)
kas