So what did I do with my due date other than have my baby? I slept in, I sewed, I went for a walk with my wonderfully supportive husband and then we went out visiting. All in all, not a bad day.
I have quickly discovered what fun it is to have a fabric stash - the sewing addiction that my husband lets me indulge in has sure come in handy these last few days. The really fun part is opening up my container of fabric and seeing all the fun prints I have that I had forgotten about: polka dots, stripes, flowers, bugs; fleece, flannel, cotton; pink, blue, green, orange and every colour in between. It is like opening presents at Christmas all over again!


This baby-to-come may end up with an overabundance of fabric items to start its life and may never truly grasp the thought, effort and love that went into it all but I'm hoping that I never tire of sewing for my child. As my mother sewed for me over the years, it created a bond between us that has become a treasure to me now as I sew for my own child; I hope the same is true in this case.
3 comments:
love the blankets Joelle! Your baby is blessed to have a momma that can sew so good! :) There are endless things to sew for baby.....I keep finding more things!
Hope the day comes soon! They shouldn't let you go longer than 7 days overdue. If they do, just go to the hospital with your bags and tell them you're not leaving till they deliver your baby.
A fun thought... my doctor is content to let me wait 10 days and I'm not sure I'd even take him up on an induction then. We'll see... I'm still hoping this little one shows up sometime this week, all on its own.
lovin' the new blankets ;-) Hope you rest well tonight!
Post a Comment