Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas

I'm not really sure what to write about Christmas this year. It was the usual: We all got together at my parents' place, there were too many gifts for my kids and just enough food to keep us all happy. Except this year all 3 of my boys were sick, with my husband surfacing just long enough to open most of his gifts. Fortunately, the rest of the family didn't send us packing.

So, because I have no witty stories to relate, I'm relegated to sharing pictures of my kids with their "stuff". Enjoy. 

Our first Christmas tree and Avery's first Christmas. I must admit, it was fun to finally put all my ornaments up on a tree. They've been waiting for over 10 years...

Nothing to do with Christmas. Just my boys, having fun. And I love the expression on Avery's face.

Basketball has now been added to the list of sports played in this house. Thank you Uncle Mike and Auntie Tara!

Grandma and Grandpa gave Lane a plane, motorcycle and race car that are put together with screws. It came with a regular ole screwdriver and a drill - my tool-loving boy was on cloud nine.
 
Showing off all the new toys. Minus the airplane - that's grandma's.

Grandma showing Avery how his new toy works.
 
Lane trying out his new tools on Auntie Tara. My apologies, my dear.

Lane and his girls. Need I say more?
And that is that. Christmas 2011. It is now 2012 and I'm supposed to be thinking about all the things that I want to change this year. Fat chance. Not that I don't have things I'd like to change and not that I'm not doing them or don't want to talk about them but I'm in the middle of potty-training during the nicest weather I've ever seen for the first week of January. Forgive me. I resolve that the next time I potty-train one of my children, it will be during the coldest cold snap I've ever done seen so that I won't feel like I'm missing out on life. There. I said it. And now I can go do my dishes because I just can't seem to stay ahead of 'em.

1 comment:

Wilkie said...

I can't get over how different the boys look from each other! Lovely post. At least you were with Grandma and Grandpa all the aunts and uncle to help with the sick boys? Christmas is so much fun with little kids.
You beat me to the Christmas post. Mine'll come soon.