My year in hindsight:
The most rewarding moment: Giving birth well. I was in a good mental state during the labour and delivery of my second son. I did it and I did it well. I conquered. And it felt good. (The conquering part, anyway. There still is that point right in the middle that I question my sanity for wanting another child.)
The toughest moment: Watching my husband struggle to put his shoes on. He hurt his back doing construction and there was nothing I could do to help him get better. Nothing.
The proudest moment: When my husband finished his semester well. It was tough going on so many levels. The stress of moving, changing gears into going back to school, our family living apart for 2 months, trying to understand concepts in class that were just not clicking, spending the minimum amount of time at home and the maximum amount at school doing homework, running out of steam at the end of the semester and in spite of it all he achieved good marks. And kept his cool. Congrats, my dear, on finishing well.
The saddest moment: Saying good-bye to the girls at my Moms and Tots group. I was one of three ladies that brought the group into being and made it happen from week to week. And I had to hand it off and say good-bye. Not just to my role in the group but to all the wonderful ladies that I had gotten to know and looked forward to seeing each week. I still miss them.
The happiest moment: Listening to my boys play together. Nothing beats listening to those two giggle over the silliest things. Trucks falling off the edge of the bed. Repeatedly. Anything done repeatedly when they are both tired.
The "Yay!" moment: Watching my youngest sister receive her highschool diploma. And win academic awards. And knowing that I will never have to go to a highschool graduation ceremony for another 16 years.
The most exhilirating moment: Watching my dad run across the finish line at the Waskesiu triathlon. There is something about the atmosphere and the tenacity of the participants that makes me cry and want to sign up for the next race.
The most thankful moment: When my sister was able to stay with Lane while I was in labour. And when my mom came to take over looking after Lane. And when my mom came to help me out while my husband was at school 5 hours away. And when my kids decided to get sick on the weekend rather than during the week when I wouldn't have any help. And when we found an "affordable" 3-bedroom place to rent. The list could go on.
May this next year be as rewarding and exciting.
1 comment:
loved reading this, Joelle...thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment