Saturday, June 11, 2011

Seasoning

As some of you may be aware, I am involved in a Moms & Tots group that meets once a week. We enjoy our time out of the house, but more importantly we enjoy a couple of hours during which some gracious volunteers look after our kids. It's glorious. While our kids are terrorizing our lovely volunteers, we moms occupy our time with various different things ranging from public health presentations to creating Christmas ornaments to sipping cappuccinos to making seasoning mixes.

This week I finally tried the taco seasoning mix we made a few months ago. I'm not gonna lie; I was the one that picked the recipe for the rest of the moms to make. I thought it was a great idea and the recipe's reviews were good. I had good intentions of using it. It was just hard to switch from my packaged goodness to an untried mix that I put together.

I should've just tried it.

 

We love it.

The flavours are just right. The heat is perfect. And I'll never have to run to the store for a packet of seasoning mix anymore.

Interested?

Here's the recipe:

Taco Seasoning

1 tablespoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper (I use cayenne because we like it spicy!)
¼ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon paprika
1 ½ teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Mix together. Use 3 TB of mix per pound of meat.

No comments: