My husband has taken a job helping a guy build a house. The hole was dug 2 weeks ago and the footings were poured early last week. The world of construction is new to our house; we're not used to the long days of dad working nor is dad used to long days of physical work. However, we are adapting and enjoying the process of seeing a house take shape. Not to mention seeing all the cool machinery that comes to work on a jobsite.
Let me back up a bit. Our 2 year old, like most boys, has a fascination with machines. Motorcycles, trucks, trains, loaders, school buses, you name it and we have probably talked about it. Cement trucks (and yes, dad, I know they really should be called concrete trucks) are Lane's current favorite so when the concrete was being poured at the jobsite, I knew I had to take him to see his truck in action.
He was not disappointed.
Not only did he get to see his dad working but he got to see how the cement trucks works. Right from the truck backing up with the tank spinning, to putting the chute together to pouring the concrete to cleaning out the chute to taking it all back apart. A fascinating process. And a long one.
![]() |
| James has dumped his wheelbarrow full of concrete into the wood forms and is going back for another load. Pushing wheelbarrows full of concrete through sand was not an easy task. |
![]() |
| Waiting while the wheelbarrow fills with concrete. |
![]() |
| Moving concrete to fill up the forms as it comes down the chute. |
![]() |
| A big cement truck; a happy little boy. |
![]() |
| Taking it all in. |
Ah, the joys of boys.





4 comments:
what a good mama you are :) I love that you got a picture of Lane and the cement truck in the same picture. That will be good too look back on :)
It's funny, just yesterday I took Jax down the street to watch an excavator working for a bit. Excavator's are his fave, probably because they are all over the city right now (score!) NOw I find myself checking out the excavators even when I'm driving by myself :) It's funny what we get excited about when we have little boys huh?
I totally hear ya, Laura. I'll start to point out school buses and motorcycles while I am driving by myself...or while driving with some girl friends. It makes me chuckle, that's for sure. Gotta love boys!
Where is this house Joelle? I like that pic of Lane with the cement truck too.
Jamie - This house is just down from the Dollar Store. The walls are starting to go up now and the roof should be on soon.
Post a Comment