With our winter dragging on and on and my desire to make progress on just about anything, my birthday quilt has come out of hibernation and I have been zealously sewing pieces together. Well, as zealously as I can when I only have about 15 minute chunks of time to work on it...Maia's mobile plays music for about that long and then I am just out of luck. Even so, it can be amazing what 15 minutes here and there adds up to.
Perhaps this?
It is fun to lay out the square and see how this quilt is taking shape. I have enough squares made that I can get an idea of the final size. I've come so far and yet I have so far to go. Well, more like 50 to go. This quilt will be made up of 204 four-inch squares which means I have just 50 more squares to sew together! Hmph. 50. Such a big number yet such a some portion of the final piece...
After those last pesky 50 squares are sewn the real fun begins. Do I arrange them? Do I place the squares randomly? How in the world do I sew lines of these things together and have it look good and not go insane because my kids can't keep their hands off of them. Hmmm....decisions. And can I really get all the squares sewn together before my next birthday?
The good news is that every. single. piece. of fabric I was sent has been sewn into at least one block, if not two or more and can be seen in the photos. Go ahead, try and find yours. It's there!
5 comments:
It's looking great! Very creative you are my friend!
We have searched your pictures for more than a minute and cannot seem to locate the superman material we sent. I know this is contrary to your claim that you included every. single. piece of fabric that was sent. Maybe you can enlighten us as to its location?
looks great! I'm impressed you've gotten that far with three little ones...I've almost completely lost any ambition to do projects because of the anticipated interruptions. Maybe that nesting thing will kick in soon :)
Looking forward to seeing the final product!
Laura - I seem to be able to make time to do things I enjoy...it just means those are the days that the dishes don't get done and we eat leftovers for supper ;) My boys have learned to play around me while I sew and to be appropriately pleased when I show them what I have accomplished.
Wow! You're really making progress! What a keepsake when it's finished!
Post a Comment