Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Just Me

So it's been a while. I have an arm's length of excuses for not posting on here for months but they are excuses. Frankly, I've been uninspired. 

I enjoy reading a few blogs; I love the insight into other women's thinking and their worlds but I never feel that mine is as good. Or as interesting. It's just me. And my life. And it never seems to change much.

But maybe that is what you are looking for, just me. If so, read on. If not, find yourself a different blog to read.

This is what my life has looked like lately:

Lonely: I've had a bit tougher time with our move to Regina. I find it hard to keep putting myself out there to meet people... and so I become lonely and live more and more in my head. Detrimental to myself and to my children so I'm going to have to remedy it but that's where I am.

Scared: I'm scared to tell people that we are expecting another baby... scared that something will go wrong with the pregnancy, scared of all the logisitics that need to be taken care of as a result. Everything is unfamiliar in the city; I have to start over in terms of health care and prenatal care. I find it difficult and trying. And I yearn for the 'easier' life I had in Nipawin.

Loving: That we are closer to family. My brother and his wife live across the city (about a 10 minute drive) and we are really enjoying spending time with them on a consistent basis. They love our kids and we are looking forward to meeting their baby in September.

Hating: All the driving that a person has to do in a city. Argh. I drive way more here than I ever did living in rural Saskatchewan. And I am so not looking forward to it come winter when snowsuits and carseats become the bane of my existence.

Anticipating: A funky, fun quilt to put together to celebrate my upcoming 30th birthday. I have no idea when I'll find the time to do it but I hope to have it at least pieced before my next birthday. I have a few other sewing projects in line before I get to do my own...

Finishing: My son's "backhoe quilt". It's all pieced and the quilting has begun on it. It is a bit of a challenge as it is not my usual style but I'm hoping that the outcome will be acceptable. Who am I kidding? The kid can't wait to have a backhoe, dump truck, flatbed truck, cement truck, crane and roller up on his wall. As if he cares how good of a job I do on my quilting. Oh wait, this is where my perfectionist side comes out.

Planning: The quilt for my little niece-to-be come September. I get to paper-piece a penguin. That was orginally a puffin. That I had the fun of turning into a penguin. Paper-piecing is a new skill that was on my list to learn... and now I have a deadline. I need a bit of stress in my life...

Watching: My husband start a new job. He was really unsure of how this job was going to be and thankfully, it is awesome. He really likes his boss and the project they are working on is challenging. It is really good experience for him and he's enjoying himself.

Missing: The Moms & Tots program in Nipawin. The interaction with women on a weekly basis, the continuing, regular investment in each other's lives. It has left a void in my life that I haven't been able to fill.

Baking: I don't know if it is this kitchen that has given me a hankering for baking again or if it is some kind of pregnancy craving but my oven has seen its fair share of use lately. Scones, biscuits, brownies, shortcake, muffins, cake... all yummy!

So my life is full of adjusting. Which is no different from everyone else. One day I'll get it all figured out and then everything will change again. It's happened a few times already. But really, what fun would a blog be if everything stayed the same?



2 comments:

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

Congratulations & thanks for sharing your heart. Thinking of you as you adjust to the new "normal".

Wilkie said...

Love hearing your heart, cousin! Oh, the ups and downs of life...similar post coming on my side too! <3