Camping with 2 kids was an interesting experience. I know the word interesting is over-used but I really can't come up with a better all encompassing word. It was interesting.
Some things were really fun: Going to a coffeeshop with my husband and no kids. Eating s'mores and bush pies cooked over the campfire.
Some things were really annoying: Mosquitoes. Need I say more?
Some things were really tough: Trying to get two kids to sleep in a tent during a thunderstorm.
Some things were really worth it: Watching my toddler watch his grandpa race. The kid caught on to a lot of what was happening.
Watching my husband cook over a fire. He has so much fun doing it... and it helps that he's good at it too.
 |
| Helping Dad eat a candy apple. |
 |
| Watching the swim portion of the triathlon. We actually found my dad in the throng of swimmers. |
 |
| I think this kid had the best view of all of us...too bad he couldn't commentate for us. |
 |
| While his brother had the best view, this kid definitely had the most comfortable seat. Wrapped up with mom. No complaints were heard. |
 |
| Grandpa swimming. Do you see him? He's the one with the white swim cap. |
 |
| Finished the swim and starting to get ready for the next part. |
 |
| Walking to his bike after the swim. |
 |
| Almost ready to head out for the bike ride. |
 |
| And he's off! (White shirt, yellow bike) |
 |
| Coming up to the finish line. |
 |
| Feeling good after the race. He said last year this race was the hardest thing he had done. This year the race was "fun". |
 |
| Cooking pancakes over the fire. |
 |
| Taking "pictures" with his dad's headlamp. |
It was a good weekend but I'd be lying if I told you I'd like to go camping again any time soon.
2 comments:
Looks like fun :)
We got to watch a friend do a triathalon this summer too...such an inspiring environment, don't you think! I loved it!! Maybe I'll get to do one myself one day...maybe :)
Every time I watch my dad do a triathlon I have a desire to do one too. Maybe one day I'll get there... but for now I have my own duathlon to finish every day.
Post a Comment