Sunday, March 6, 2011

The waiting is over

Avery Scott Calloway joined our family at 11:10 am, March 4, 2011. Weighing 8 lbs, 4 oz with dark hair and long fingers and toes his delivery was much shorter and more intense than the last one. No drugs and no stitches. I'm pretty happy with how it went.

Jamie brought Lane to the hospital to meet Avery and see me. He wasn't too sure what to think. Not of Avery, but of me. I sort of understood and then I saw the picture below and really understood. Mom just didn't quite look like mom. You'll be happy to know that he happily greeted me when I came home yesterday.

Me and my boys:


Grandma Cherie introducing Lane to Avery:

How we like to spend our days right now:

Daddy taking his turn with Avery:

There is now an equal number of children and adults in our family. EEK!

4 comments:

Wilkie said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations! So cute and so exciting!

Susanna said...

Avery looks so big already! And he's just adorable too. SO glad to hear that everything went amazingly well. I liked your picture caption "Me and my boys" - just something special about it, hey?

Laura said...

SO SO happy for you guys! Avery is a very cute newborn. I love that he has so much hair! Glad to hear that your delivery was quick and stitch-free!!! HOpe these days of transition go smoothly for you guys, as you find your new normal :)

Bryan and Jamie and family said...

Congrats! Glad to hear everything went well. Looking forward to seeing Avery.

Equal # of children & adults is a good thing:) We are far outnumbered.LOL

Enjoy your precious family.