Thursday, January 13, 2011

High Chair

Back when I had as much energy as my son, my great-grandfather shipped a high chair from Pennyslvania (where he lived) to my parents for me. It was the high chair my great-aunt Nancy used when she was little. The chair had deteriorated somewhat between Aunt Nancy's time and my time so my great-grandfather re-caned the seat before he shipped it over. I wasn't a particularly special kid but I was the first great-grandchild in the family and apparently that was reason enough. 

The high chair doesn't get used much anymore but it still has a home at my parents' place. My son found it while we there and proceeded to figure out how to climb up into it. As my son, the first great-great-grandchild sat in the high chair, I was reminded of the significance of the chair. So, this is for all you descendants of Norman Wismer:

 

No comments: