Sunday, November 28, 2010

Breakfast

I cook breakfast. Not every day, but at least once or twice a week.

My husband gets tired of having toast every morning for breakfast so I try to mix it up for him on a somewhat regular basis. I don't cook breakfast all the time but we all seem to eat a bigger meal if I actually make something. Pancakes, waffles, french toast, baked oatmeal - it's all fair game; buttermilk, blueberry, pumpkin - variations are welcome.

Yesterday morning we tried a recipe I found here. Oatmeal waffles. The batter looked a little suspicious and I warned my husband that I didn't know how they were going to turn out and that I would never make them again if they were horrible. But to our surprise and delight, they were delicious. "Baked oatmeal in waffle form" was the verdict as my husband inhaled his breakfast. 

Apparently the recipe now has a permanent home in the cookbook. And I would love to be able to show you what our breakfast looked like but alas, my camera's cord is residing 4 hours from here and so pictures will be absent for a while. So, you'll just have to use your imagination. 

Mmmmm.... steaming waffles with a light coating of buttermilk syrup.... light and fluffy but yet substantial and filling.... mmmmmm.... waffles....

2 comments:

Laura said...

"permanent home in your cookbook" meaning....secret? If not...I'd love to have it! :)

Joelle said...

You are more than welcome to the recipe - there is a link in my blog for it. Click on "here" that is in brown. Or just go to Stacey Friesen's blog and take a quick look through her recipes. I borrowed it from her!