Saturday, November 27, 2010

25 weeks and counting

Update: 
I now have only 13 weeks to go. I have gained over 20 lbs and am feeling pretty darn good. What's changed? I found out that my back troubles were more than likely caused by my hips spreading to accommodate the baby and my muscles were protesting. That and my posture was pretty poor. So, with the help of a few stretches, my muscles have loosened and my back troubles are no more. And with that, dish washing is back in my repertoire. Whooohooo....

Hi, my name is Joelle and I am pregnant.

Or should I say that my husband and I are expecting a baby?

Either way, regardless of your preference or mine, I am indeed growing a baby. And one that is continually taking up more space. Demanding little bugger!

I've had quite a few people ask me how I'm feeling and if this pregnancy feels different than my first. Let me try and tackle these questions here so that you don't have to wonder any more.

I'm feeling pregnant. I have a being kicking me, rolling inside me and generally putting pressure on organs (and ribs) that should never feel pressure. I am now to the point in my pregnancy where everything is getting more difficult. No more bending over to put on my socks and shoes, no more sitting comfortably for long periods of time, no more clothes that fit right. Oh, and after discovering that it was washing dishes that was causing the pain in my lower back, no more dish washing for me!

This is my second pregnancy. My body was in a different shape after my first pregnancy and probably never regained the same muscle tone that I had possessed before the birth of my first child. Also, I have a too-cute toddler running around my house that I am supposed to try to keep up with. So, in answer to your question, YES, this pregnancy feels different. But some things do stay the same: the joy of hearing my baby's heartbeat, the contentedness I feel as the baby kicks and the thrill of the roller-coaster-stomach-drop as the baby rolls around in its home. Those things are the same and I still enjoy them.

And on that note, this is my current state:


And while I was waiting for the camera to take this picture, I realized just how much I actually do fill out this shirt. This one will soon be in the "too small" pile... and so it goes.

2 comments:

Melissa F. said...

so.... did you find out what this one is going to be?
BTW - you look great! :)

Joelle said...

Yep, we did find out. But you'll have to call Jamie if you want to know what it is :)