Friday, April 9, 2010

In the middle of things

My son does not like to be left out. Of anything. I believe that is why he doesn't like to sleep very long. But I digress. If there is something going on in the house, he has to be in on it. Be it cooking, doing dishes (see post here) or renovating, he's your man.

Last week Jamie built a closet in Lane's room. Not only did Lane try to help by lifting 2 x 4s and pilfering screws but he was determined to figure out how the drill worked.


Lane's fascination did provide many moments of entertainment for us and many moments of slow progress for Jamie but the closet did get built. Now, if we could just find all those screws we seem to be missing...

3 comments:

Laura said...

what a sweet picture! Top 4 cutest things about it: 1) the famous toddler squat that never loses it's cuteness 2) the chubby arms 3) the little bare baby feet 4) the side profile of that sweet babyface in deep concentration

Aren't these days watching your little "baby" grow and learn and share your joy so amazing!?

Joelle said...

I continue to be amazed as I watch my "baby" grow... it seems odd to be referring to him as a baby! He keeps getting more and more independent... and cuter and cuter.

Thanks for the comment, Laura!

Anonymous said...

love it! can you send me this one in email? I want to use it in a power point for camp this summer... will explain later ;-)
Susanna