Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snow

The story goes like this.

We went to Regina/Moose Jaw for two days. We planned on coming home on Saturday. It snowed and snowed and had almost blizzard conditions and the roads in the city were full of snow so all the vehicles were getting stuck. We were in no big rush to get home so we ended up staying until Monday. We drove our 4 hours home to be greeted (in the dark) to about 15 inches of snow. Our driveway was not shovelled, our sidewalk was not shovelled, nothing. It was one big snow drift.

Did I mention that we were supposed to leave on Wednesday to go to North Carolina?

In our 48-hour stop at home, Jamie shovelled and shovelled and shovelled some more:



Our back door had a huge snow drift in front of it. I had to climb over it and dig down to the step so I could open the door without letting the whole drift into the back entryway. (Jamie told me I had to take a picture before I could start digging.)


So, we dug ourselves out (or was it "in") and made our way down to North Carolina. Wanna hear the funny part?

It snowed in North Carolina.

No comments: