I'm trying to do my dishes more regularly these days. It is a process. But I'm getting there. Some days Lane cooperates and lets me get a sinkful done and some days he desperately tries to pull my pants down so that I'll forget about the dishes and pick him up.
The other day I was getting bored and Lane was getting bored and I was doing dishes for the second time that day so I decided that Lane should have a bit of fun. Actually, I thought he might just be happier to see what was happening rather than being stuck on the floor where he's already explored and conquered everything he can.
Well, my son has a bit of a fascination with water.

Have I mentioned how much he likes to splash?

And now he has discovered bubbles.

So, the kitchen carpet got a bit wet, the dog's water got a few soap bubbles in it, my son decided to see what soap bubbles tasted like and I got my dishes done. And had a good giggle. Not a bad way to end the day.
4 comments:
that's adorable Joelle. I had to laugh when I read the part about him trying to pull down your pants. :) I had many times where Jaxon would "pants" me in the kitchen. Good thing the counter was in the way so the neighbors couldn't see! :)
I can't believe he's so big already!!!
I also love the bath picture...it's gotta be one of the cutest things watching your little naked baby run to the bath all excited.
Never have I been so thankful for belts!
I used to let my daughter play in the sink. I called it water therapy. She loved it and was so calm. My second daughter also loves it, but is more splashy-spilly and I get really tired of my wet socks. It's a good activity for little ones though -- an occupational therapist I met recommended it for coordination and also behavior problems (tantrum prone children).
If you change the way your comment window appears under "settings," it makes it easier for readers to comment (which we all love!). This way leads through a whole bunch of screens, an error message, and so on. Other options are having the comment window appear as a pop-up or on a separate page.
Post a Comment