It is blazing hot here right now (30+ Celsius) and the UV index is right up there with the temperatures. This means Lane and I have been spending a lot of time inside where we can at least stay out of the harmful rays. It's not the most fun way to spend the days, but we are surviving. I have started bathing with Lane in our big soaker tub - he loves it! He kicks and kicks and splashes and splashes. It is a great way to cool him off as he doesn't seem to be taking too kindly to this heat.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
12 weeks
Lane and I went for his 12 week check up today. All is well. The doctor was pleased with his development; Lane has begun to roll over from his tummy to his back, is starting to grip objects and continues to put on weight. Three weeks after he weighed in at 12 pounds 14 ounces, he put on a full pound for a whopping 13 pounds 14 ounces. There is a reason I don't lug him around in his car seat anymore! Apparently babies generally double their birth weight by 5 months and triple it by one year. For Lane that means he should be around 16 pounds by the end of August and 24 pounds come March. It may be a good thing I have started going to aquacizes - I'm going to need all the muscles I can find!
It is blazing hot here right now (30+ Celsius) and the UV index is right up there with the temperatures. This means Lane and I have been spending a lot of time inside where we can at least stay out of the harmful rays. It's not the most fun way to spend the days, but we are surviving. I have started bathing with Lane in our big soaker tub - he loves it! He kicks and kicks and splashes and splashes. It is a great way to cool him off as he doesn't seem to be taking too kindly to this heat.
It is blazing hot here right now (30+ Celsius) and the UV index is right up there with the temperatures. This means Lane and I have been spending a lot of time inside where we can at least stay out of the harmful rays. It's not the most fun way to spend the days, but we are surviving. I have started bathing with Lane in our big soaker tub - he loves it! He kicks and kicks and splashes and splashes. It is a great way to cool him off as he doesn't seem to be taking too kindly to this heat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Is lane 13,14 at 12 weeks? I just got LaeAnna weighed 2 days ago and she's already 13,5, and she's only 7 weeks! Already out of all of her 3 month clothes! How is life going for you guys? I enjoy reading your blog. I won't be able to come out to NBC's 75th Anniversary at the end of July but Jason is going. Do you need any diapers? LaeAnna's already into some of her size mediums already! I found this place where I buy my diapers now, they're the cheapest for the ones I've found and they're really close to me. www.tadpoles.ca Hope you guys are all doing well, and I can't wait to meet Lane soon. He's such a cutie!
Sounds like your girl is putting on the weight pretty good, Lindsay. Start building your muscles now! What kind of cloth diapers are you using? How are you liking it? I'm thinking of trying out some Knickernappies next.
i use fuzzibunz perfect size, bumgenius 3.0 and bamboozle. i really like all of them. i had prefolds to begin with and those have been shelved. i didn't like them. ti just found out about this place in edmonton, that for $20 you get to try out several different types of diapers. they give you diapers, inserts, and some other stuff too. that would have been nice to have before just buying on other people's recommendations, and without even seeing them first. the most i actually saw of cloth diapers were yours! i've been able to get 2 people to switch to cloth, 3 are gonna when they have kids, and several friends are asking questions. so i'm pretty pumped about that, b/c there's no one here that i know that cd's. how are you liking it?
Post a Comment