Water therapy.
I'm not sure that therapy is the right word but it always seems to put the kids in good moods. My oldest has moved from simple water play to trying to be helpful - rinsing dishes, even washing the dishes. It's a work in progress but it does give me hope that one day I may not have to wash my own dishes. I may or may not be counting down the days until that is a reality.
Avery is still enjoying water play but is starting to move toward more productive play...or maybe it`'s just me being hopeful. Either way, he is still entertained by it and had no problem having a sink to play in all to himself.
But this little girlie is absolutely loving playing with a pot of water and a wooden spoon. She will push the chair from the table over to the sink and then say "please". If I miss her asking nicely or just plain miss what she is doing she'll make herself known as she begs for help to get up.
Getting her to leave her "soup" is a little trickier and I'm having to dust off my memory and remember how I got around that problem with the boys. Guess it's time for her to learn how to say "bye".
With Maia teething our house has been loud and cranky. Introducing water to the mix has brought the volume down, therefore the frustration levels as well. While that alone is nothing to sniff at, the best part is that now I can get my dishes done any time!
p.s. If any of you wish to contribute to my dishwasher fund, I'll be accepting donations until my kids are old enough to do them...
No comments:
Post a Comment