Friday, August 9, 2013

capes

For Father's Day this year, I made capes. That is, I made a cape for Avery, for Lane, for their dad and an extra one for my dad when he is at our house (or whoever happens to be here that needs one). Swords are often clashing and slashing around our place so it seemed like a fantastic idea to have capes to go with it.


Except I forgot how much my boys like to run. These capes are not swashbuckling capes, nor are they superhero capes, they are running capes.

They run.


And run.


And run some more.


Because what is better than racing?

Well, maybe a bit of wrestling with your sandals as arm/hand shields.


The little girl next door likes to do whatever our boys do and so she now sports a cape as well, albeit the pink version.


Big surprise, the boys have got her racing too.

 
And if for some reason you can't picture them running in capes, check this out:
 
 
And if you are interested in making one for a little person in your life, I loosely followed this pattern.

No comments: