Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Decluttering, perhaps to your benefit

With another move looming, I've decided it's time to go through some of my "stuff". I'm not a hoarder by any means, but there is a certain pack rat syndrome that I seem to have inherited from my grandfather. You know, I might just need that some day!

Moving often before I was married certainly curbed the tendency but living in a house for 4 1/2 years brought the tendency back to life. As my family and I face the prospect of moving fairly often again, it is time to scale back a bit.

In light of this phenomenon, I am posting pictures of a couple of pieces I have sewn, in hopes that one of you might find a use for them (they'd make great gifts and, you know, Christmas is coming). They need a new home as there is nothing wrong with them, and it is a shame for them to stay hidden in a box. Unfortunately, I am not giving them away, but selling them for a nominal fee in hopes that I can recover some of the cost of the fabric.

Without further ado, here ya go:

Baby receiving blanket - $15
Flannel front, cotton back; approximately 1 metre square



Baby receiving blanket - $15
Flannel middle square, cotton outside border and back; approximately 1 metre square



Ladybug/denim handbag - $10
It was used for a short time as a diaper bag with my oldest; it is washed but the denim bled through a bit into the front pocket. It has padded straps so it won't dig into your shoulder. The inside is open to allow more space for stashing all those essentials.



Orange/denim handbag - $15
It was used for a short time as a diaper bag with my oldest; it is clean and ready to go. It has padded straps so it won't dig into your shoulder. The inside is open to allow more space for stashing all those essentials.


If you are interested in any of these items, please leave a comment or contact me at jamesandjoelle@gmail.com. I'm willing to ship them anywhere in North America!

No comments: